Member Introductions

Like to take pictures or write? Well this committee wants you! We're all about reporting on everything AGS, so if you have a camera and like to use it, or if you want to write articles for the newsletter, join us! It doesn't matter what your major is. Read our posts to find out more about us.

Member Introductions

Postby Peter » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:51 pm

Hey everybody, my name is Peter, and as you probably already know, I am a board member and I like to take pictures.

This is my fourth semester in AGS and my second semester as an official board member, but this is my first time being is a committee, which is cool! Yes, I know I could always make my own committee. Anyways, I hope through our hard work together, we'll be able to give AGS something that they can remember and be proud of.

For my equipment, I have my DSLR. No video, unless you don't mind the crappy video that my camera takes. It's not as good as your average pocket camera overall. I can write too. My two most commonly used words are "sucks" and "whatever."

Just kidding.
When You Reply, Change the Title to Summarize Your Response! That way, people can skim the threads by title.
Peter
Volunteer

Re: Member Introductions

Postby Share » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:20 pm

Hey everyone!
My name is Share, and I am a member of the Newsletter aka Photography Committee. This is my first year at PCC and my first semester in AGS. I like to write and photography has always been my passion. If you ever see anyone pointing a camera at you, which will probably be me, your picture may be on next week’s newsletter. No worries, I will make sure your photo shows up great on the newsletter. So come to the meetings and pick up a newsletter dedicated for you!
"Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming. "--John Wooden
Volunteer

Postby lilswtdaisy » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:43 pm

Hey Everyone!
I am Daisy Fu, a member in the Newsletter Committee, also this is my first semester in AGS.
My fourth semester in PCC and I I heard this club from my friends who have been in this club while. I am interested in taking photos for everyone in every places which happen in our daily life. Anyone who sees the photo can also be touched in that moment.
I am AGS
lilswtdaisy
Neophyte

Postby Garyin » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:14 pm

:D Hello fellow committee members and AGS members!

My name is Garyin Tat and I am very honored to be part of the Newsletter Committee. As a first-year student at PCC, I feel thankful for being given the opportunities to serve the community meanwhile having an awesome time doing it. I am also a member of the Fleamarket Committee this semester and I'm hoping to become a member of the Publicity Committee as well.
For me, photography is a great way to preserve precious memories of our short time on earth as well as a beautiful type of art that has an significant impact on people's emotions. Personally, I love taking photos of family, friends, nature and my turtles :P .
Being a member of this committee I wish to improve my photographical and writing skills. Also, I wish to get involved, gain experience and to make more friends.

I look forward to meeting and working with all of you guys!
Jag är ΑΓΣ!Image
Garyin
Volunteer

Postby Victoria » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:18 am

Hii everyone :) sorry for the super delayed post!
My name is Victoria and this is my first semester at PCC and first semester in AGS. I love snapping shots and writing tidbits about all the exciting activities we have going on in our club this semester- I look forward to all the memories that I will be able to capture with my committee and hope to make a wonderful contribution to the newsletter!
Victoria
Helper

Postby N_AGS_G » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:54 pm

Hi, everybody, my name is Angie. I still have one day to have my spring break, but my mind is already in the spring break :)
I joined AGS since the first semester I was in PCC in Fall 08. AGS has given me more opportunities to see new people and experience different things, which are fun and meaningful; therefore, why not we take some photos for these good memories. I believe everyone knows how to take pictures, I just feel like a picture that can catch most attention is when a group of happy people in the photo. That group of happy people is us--AGS. Yes, I am AGS! ;)
N_AGS_G
Helper

Postby Amie » Tue May 12, 2009 12:12 am

Hi! I'm Amie, the Newsletter Editor for spring 2009, and it is my pleasure to be serving as the committee chair of the Newsletter and Photography Committee!

I'm in my second year at PCC, third semester in AGS, and second semester as a board member.
I'm a film major and women's studies minor. So as a film major, I'm involved in writing, which is what prompted me to want to explore that and take advantage in any way I could as the Newsletter Editor.

It is a great opportunity and experience to be working with such passionate and dedicated members within this committee. You are all interested in photography and in being an involved AGS member, which I hope will prove to be a mutually beneficial opportunity for you as well. Joining a committee is far more than a way of earning additional hours, but to work with others who hold similar interests in offering new ideas and working towards a common cause, which is why I am continually impressed with your sincerity and hard work :]
Amie
Volunteer

Return to The Newsletter and Photography Committee