Newsletter Committee - aka Photography Committee

Like to take pictures or write? Well this committee wants you! We're all about reporting on everything AGS, so if you have a camera and like to use it, or if you want to write articles for the newsletter, join us! It doesn't matter what your major is. Read our posts to find out more about us.

Newsletter Committee - aka Photography Committee

Postby Amie » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:03 pm

Hello interested members!
Welcome to the Newsletter Committee (aka Photography Committee).
I'm glad to have met all of you and I very much look forward to working with each of you! As you may know, committees are a great way to get to know board members, enhance your applications and resumes, develop leadership skills, earn additional hours, and especially helpful if you plan to run for a board position or scholarship someday.
This committee would entail designating at least one committee member to attend each event to properly document via pictures, videos, and/or optional writing. You will earn your additional hours through our monthly meetings, the amount of time you take pictures/videos at events, and even for writing pieces for the newsletter if you choose to do so.
Again, I want to stress that our main duty is to take pictures; writing is completely optional -as some of you have told me that you are uncomfortable with writing. You should have access to a camera and be able to send the pictures/videos to Amie so that we have pictures for possible newsletters, presentations, and the website.

So far, I have 5 members signed up to join this committee. If there are any others, please feel free to send me an email (found at the 'Contact Us' left sidebar of the website).
Based on most of everyone's schedules, I'd say our first meeting should be on April 1, Wednesday 12-1 (so first Wednesday of every month). For the sake of those of us who have class at 1, I'd say that we get lunch before 12, as we will most likely take the whole hour. Let me know if you will be able to make it on Wednesdays, first of every month, and as needed.

From now on, I encourage you all to use our forum for future communication, although email may certainly be used as well. :)

If you have any questions along the way, please feel free to ask me, as I would love to help you out in return!

Sincerely,
Amie Juhn
Newsletter Editor
"I AM AGS!"
Amie
Volunteer

Meeting Time Partial Conflict

Postby Peter » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:46 pm

I have class until 1215, so unless I get out early....
When You Reply, Change the Title to Summarize Your Response! That way, people can skim the threads by title.
Peter
Volunteer

Re: Newsletter Committee - aka Photography Committee

Postby Amie » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:14 pm

Hi Peter!

Duly noted..that will be fine! Just meet us at the tent when you get out, as we will probably be there until 1. :)

Thanks,
Amie
Amie
Volunteer

Postby LydiaSukato » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:25 pm

Writing is optional, but you get about an hour per article you write. We volunteer ourselves to attend our events so we can take pictures and record videos

Hi! Can you tell me more about writing articles, taking pictures, and recording videos part? How do they work? What do we do? Is there some kind of special guideline to this?
So we can choose any events that we wish to take pictures and videos and to write about?

Thanks XD
LydiaSukato
Helper

Postby Amie » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:38 pm

Hey Lydia! For this committee, we take care of properly documenting club events this semester. At the meetings, we basically volunteer to go upcoming events to assign which committee member(s) can document the club event. So, essentially, you do choose the events you go to, most likely based on your availability. We also discuss what articles/features will be in the upcoming newsletter, and then you can volunteer to write a piece if you want to. (This can be decided on through our forum too!) You will earn hours through attending our meetings and how long it takes you to write the article(s) -not so much anymore for taking the pictures at the event.

As I emailed you before, it is not necessary that you attend the meeting since there is a time conflict, as I will make a post here about what we went over, what events we need committee members to attend, and what articles are available for writing. You will still be able to be an active member of AGS and the committee through actively participating in taking the pictures and videos

And for now, we will be using photobucket account to upload our pictures and videos. I can send you our log in information once you are confirmed to join :) If are on board to join, just reply to the post in the "Member Introductions" so the others can meet you!

Let me know if you have any other questions! I'll be putting up a post about what went down at the last meeting soon with more information.

Sincerely,
Amie Juhn
Amie
Volunteer

Return to The Newsletter and Photography Committee