April 15 Meeting Review

Like to take pictures or write? Well this committee wants you! We're all about reporting on everything AGS, so if you have a camera and like to use it, or if you want to write articles for the newsletter, join us! It doesn't matter what your major is. Read our posts to find out more about us.

April 15 Meeting Review

Postby Peter » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:11 pm

Hey all. Amie's got class and I had time to waste, so I decided to start this topic instead of waiting for Amie to formally post up a review of the meeting. I intent for us to handle issues discussed during the meeting in this forum. Let's make sure we're all on the same page by reviewing each others notes and asking questions, okay?

So, I contacted Henry and he said that the social went WELL and that he took a lot of pictures. I will link up with him tomorrow and copy his pictures and videos, and post them myself. From this and the last social, I think that we should assume that the socials will be successful and ensure that we properly cover these events. Yes, I'm publicly stating that I had doubts.

Here's what I said about uploading pictures in case you forgot:

1. Once you login and are on the gallery page, click on the option "Add Album."
  2. In the name field, put in the folder name. The format is "YYMMDD_Title".
  3. In the title field, put the name of the album. This is what visitors will see. The format is "MM/DD/YY Title".
  4. In the summary, provide a quick one-liner about the event. If its a meeting, list the highlights.
  5. Click save when you're done.
  6. The only option that you need to check on the next page is enable ratings which is the second to the bottom option.
  7. Your album has been built. Now, click on "Add Items" on the left column menu.
  8. I use the upload applet to upload pictures, but the Gallery Remote also works too. If you get any warnings about allowing a applet to run, just say yes.
  9. If you are using the Upload Applet, Click on "Add Pictures". Select your pictures using the following window.
  10. Don't worry about the Image Magick or whatever it's called. Click on Upload...when you are done selecting your pictures.
  11. Be sure to reorder or rearrange the album so that it's organized by date in descending order. These actions are found on the left column of the page.

I think that covers the gist of it. Don't be daunted by the number of steps, it's quite a natural process. Please don't do anything else to the forums without asking me first. If it's a technical issue, you can always ask Harman as well.
When You Reply, Change the Title to Summarize Your Response! That way, people can skim the threads by title.
Peter
Volunteer

Re: April 15 Meeting Review

Postby Garyin » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:22 pm

That's really helpful! If I forget how to upload pics to the gallery, I'll be able to look it up!
Thanks, Peter!
Jag är ΑΓΣ!Image
Garyin
Volunteer

Reordering/Rearranging Albums

Postby Peter » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:14 pm

Remember how I said to move your new albums to the first page? Well, I can't figure out how to give you gals the ability to do so without giving you full access to the gallery (which I won't), so for now, just let me know when you do post your pictures and I'll move it for you. Moving is easy. Upload your pics for you is not so much.
When You Reply, Change the Title to Summarize Your Response! That way, people can skim the threads by title.
Peter
Volunteer

Return to The Newsletter and Photography Committee