Article IX: Discipline
- Basis of Discipline
AGS membership may be suspended or revoked for improper conduct.
- Valid Cause
- Willful or excessive violation of the Alpha Gamma Sigma, Alpha Chapter By-laws;
- Willful disregard of decisions made by the executive board or Advisor(s);
- Willful disregard of instructions given by the executive board or Advisor(s);
- Failure or refusal to disclose necessary information on matters of chapter business;
- Unwarranted attacks on any member or refusal to cooperate with a member or Advisor(s);
- Misrepresentation of the chapter or any of its officers;
- Contributing to the creation of a hostile environment within the chapter;
- Disruption of chapter activities;
- Violation of PCC's Standards of Student Conduct, as defined in the PCC Catalog;
- Violation of PCC's Board Policies or Administrative regulations.
The intention of the following steps at all stages is to seek restoration of the member to a position of accountability.
- At the first indication of improper conduct giving rise to offense, the member under question is to be approached directly.
- If the member under question does not listen, the individual with charges is to seek reconciliation in the presence of one officer and a chapter Advisor.
- If the matter has been established, and if the offending member refuses to listen, the issue can be brought before the chapter membership upon a unanimous vote of the board, for the chapter to seek restoration of the member.
- After this stage the board votes by anonymous ballot whether to revoke membership. A 3/5 vote will suffice. In the case of any officer subject to discipline, a vote on membership is a separate decision from a vote to remove from office. Membership termination is immediate and final, until such time that there ever is shown ample demonstration of restoration, for the member offense.
- Subjugation of Disciplinary Action
Proceedings for violation of Student Conduct at the Student Affairs level or higher supersede any actions taken by the Alpha Gamma Sigma chapter.