Article VII: Elections
- Election Code
- Officer elections for the succeeding term are held near the week of the service time
submission deadline, and at least one week before the Awards Ceremony.
- All Active members are eligible to vote if present and voting at the meeting when elections
- Elected offices with multiple candidates are voted by secret ballot, tallied by the President
and the Advisor(s). Uncontested elected offices are voted on by the current Executive
- Elections are determined by a majority of Active member votes cast. In case of no
candidate for an office or in case of a tie, offices are filled by appointment by the current
board, or by nomination of the president, or by decision of the Faculty Advisor(s).
- Qualification for Office
- Any member in good standing on election day with less than 3 terms served on board may
run for office.
- Candidates are invited to give a timed speech on election day and to answer questions, as
- A candidate for office may not use contact information gained through access to an AGS
membership list for campaigning purposes.