Article V: Duties of Officers
- General Office Duties
- Uphold the State AGS By-laws and the By-laws of the Alpha Chapter;
- Maintain a binder with relevant information pertaining to their position, which is turned over to the Advisor(s) at the end of the term in office.
- Maintain member privacy by preventing all persons except board members and advisors from having access to
sensitive information such as members’ phone numbers, email addresses, PCC ID numbers, and social security
- No sensitive data shall be submitted online by board members unless the data is encrypted.
- Specific Duties by Office
- Administer the Cabinet's duties and prepare meeting agendas;
- Be the communication liaison to PCC college institutions and neighboring AGS chapters;
- Coordinate Alpha Chapter attendance at the Fall Regional Conference and Spring State Convention;
- Work closely with the Advisor(s).
Internal Vice President
- Increase chapter awareness of beneficial PCC campus events and activities;
- Increase campus awareness of Alpha Gamma Sigma Honor Society, through Club Week and primary fundraising events on campus;
- Inspire and excite chapter spirit and advocate Spirit Day;
- Oversee election and voting process in coordination with the External Vice President;
- Assume the duties of president in the absence of the latter.
External Vice President
- Solicit scholarship sponsors, monetary donations, and opportunity drawing prizes for AGS;
- Perform follow-up correspondence and other duties appropriate to external business relations;
- Assist the Fundraising Coordinator in fundraising events;
- Oversee election and voting process in coordination with the Internal Vice President;
- Oversee partnerships with organizations such as American Red Cross and its relevant committees;
- Assume the duties of the president in the absence of the President and Internal Vice President, and succeed to the office of President should that office become vacant.
- Process and review member applications and build a chapter roster.
- Keep record of members' service time and meeting attendance;
- Provide Advisors current service time sheets in a timely manner for scholarship evaluations;
- Prepare a list of all members qualifying for membership, pending semester final grades.
- Document all chapter flyers and newspaper clippings, collect and assemble video at all semester events and photographs of members;
- At meetings:
- Ensure an Advisor is present;
- Make member applications available;
- Record accurate minutes, and have these minutes publicly available in a timely manner;
- Write letters and correspondence on behalf of the chapter;
- Maintain/update any changes in chapter By-laws;
- The Corresponding Secretary will assist the Recording Secretary with processing and keeping record of members’ service time and meeting attendance;
- Handle newsletter publications in conjunction with the Assistant Technology Coordinator.
- Prepare a cash box and receipt book in advance of campus fundraising events;
- Document chapter deposits accurately, and pay bills for AGS in a timely manner;
- Become familiar with non-profit organization IRS charitable giving guidelines, and issue receipt letters to monetary and scholarship donors;
- Report the amount that the Scholarship Advisory Committee has the discretion to award toward scholarships and to the chapter Endowment Fund.
Inter-Club Council Representative
- Attend all Inter-Club Council meetings, or notify the president in a timely manner whenever unable to attend an ICC meeting;
- Become familiar with student club rules and current Student Affairs issues and report on them, to foster a well-informed and rule-abiding chapter;
- Assist the president with re-chartering the chapter each semester and with applying for SSF and ICC funding grants by the given deadlines;
- Serve as advocate and liaison for AGS to Student Affairs, following up as directed by the board on submitted Activity Request Forms, and reporting in a timely manner to the board on opportunities to serve at PCC student and campus events.
- Plan and publicize fundraisers for Alpha Gamma Sigma;
- Work with the Treasurer to prepare a cash box in advance of campus fundraising events, and keep track of AGS’s fundraising money;
- Become familiar with and adhere to Student Affairs guidelines in coordinating fundraising events, on and off campus, both in season and during the off-season;
- Submit records of volunteer service time to the recording secretary, within the time limit as determined by the board.
- Plan and organize TV tapings;
- Serve as advocate and liaison for AGS to Studio Audience agencies, planning and publicizing with the technology coordinator AGS participation in TV taping fundraisers;
- Become familiar with and adhere to Student Affairs guidelines in coordinating TV tapings, both in season and during the off-season;
- Ensure AGS receives timely payment for audience participation
- Plan and publicize chapter participation at the PCC Flea Market;
- Assist the treasurer with same-day Flea Market deposits. The Marketing Director can never take cash box proceeds home overnight. Also assist the treasurer with Flea Market deposit receipts from the bank.
- Become familiar with and adhere to Student Affairs guidelines for coordinating Flea Market participation, both in season and during the off-season;
- Become familiar with Flea Market service time and donation guidelines, and submit records of volunteer service time to the recording secretary, within the time limit as determined by the board.
Publicity Art Director
- Publicize chapter events and promote chapter awareness on campus, by means of banners, flyers, the Courier, weekly publications, classroom announcements, announcements at the Academic and Classified Senate meetings, the college electronic daily bulletin, the PCC web site, and the marquee board at Colorado & Hill through Public Relations;
- Chair a Publicity Committee and coordinate with the Internal Vice President during Club Week to solicit new members;
- Coordinate the AGS glass display case and return the issued key in a timely manner to the Advisor(s) at the end of the term;
- Oversee, with the advice of the Cabinet, all publicity and design aspects promoting the chapter, including, as necessary, T-shirts, polo shirts, sweatshirts, embroidered items, jackets, officer name badges, banners, newspaper advertisements, and the Awards Ceremony program, as well as guest invitations.
- Plan and publicize chapter social events and charitable service activities;
- Become familiar with and adhere to Student Affairs guidelines in coordinating events, on and off campus, both in season and during the off-season;
- Work with the publicity art director to plan all aspects of the semester's Awards Ceremony;
- Submit records of volunteer service time (for social or AGS events) to the recording secretary, within the time limit as determined by the board.
Assistant Activities Coordinator
- Plan, publicize, and host community service events both on and off campus;
- Actively communicate and work closely with community service organizations;
- Submit records of volunteer service time (for community service events) to the recording secretary, within the time limit as determined by the board.
- Assist the Activities Coordinator in her or his duties as requested by the Activities Coordinator.
- Update and maintain the chapter web site, and keep AGS technologically current;
- Promote awareness of AGS activities and beneficial campus events;
- Implement the FERPA privacy act, upholding online security and member confidentiality;
- Process online member applications
- Maintain a backup of all AGS electronic files
- Train the other board members in using any applications related to AGS business.
- Provide direction and training to the Assistant Technology Coordinator to ensure his or her readiness to handle all duties of the Technology Coordinator.
- Ensure that any new technology is functional, useful to all members, and that behavior of its participants reflects the values of AGS.
Assistant Technology Coordinator
- Assist the Technology Coordinator in all of his or her duties as stated in the By-laws;
- Implement the FERPA privacy act, upholding email security and member confidentiality;
- Maintain a chapter email list and send weekly electronic newsletters about AGS events.
- Work with the Technology Coordinator to announce the AGS chapter member of the month (any member not holding office);
- Credit service time for submitted photography and newsletter articles, and submit record of this service time to the recording secretary, within the time limit as determined by the board.