Home » Resources » Bylaws » Article III: Membership Requirements
Article III: Membership Requirements
- Transcript Notation
- Only applicants meeting all membership requirements may receive a transcript notation of
- Students upon graduating or finishing PCC who have a transcript notation of AGS
membership are entitled to receive the Alpha Gamma Sigma Gold Seal for their diploma or
other document of their choosing.
- All members must attend at least 6 (six) General or Planning meetings during a semester.
- Members are expected to arrive within the first 15 minutes and must stay till the last 10 minutes
of the meeting hour to count towards meeting attendance.
- Each member is responsible to provide proof of attendance. No proof of attendance will
be issued after the first 15 minutes of a meeting, except by variance of the president.
- Members who have regular class or job conflicts with the schedulded meeting may request to be exempted from Rule C. of this section by submitting a copy of their class schedule taken from the Pasadena City College Website or an official copy of their work schedule verified by their supervisor with a contact number
- Grade Point Average Eligibility
- The GPA after final grades are submitted in a semester is the final factor in judging
fulfillment of membership requirements.
- In determining GPA eligibility, units must be counted beginning with those most recently
completed and going back chronologically. If any units from a semester are used to
establish eligibility, all units in graded courses on that and all intervening transcripts must
enter into the calculation of the GPA. If any units from a semester are used to establish
eligibility, all units from that semester must be included in computing the GPA.
- Any course completed two years or more prior to application, whether at a community
college or other institution, shall not be used to prohibit any person from achieving
membership, provided these units not be used to meet the minimum number of required
- Other Requirements
- Member unofficial transcripts and dues must be submitted together. Applications must be
received no later than the established due date. All membership dues are non-refundable.
Dues for a Fall or Spring semester shall not change during the application window for that term.
- All members are required to reapply for membership each semester. Permanent members must reapply in
order to be eligible for scholarship consideration or if serving on the executive board.
- All members must remain enrolled in 9 or more units. Exceptions to enroll in fewer units are for
members graduating or in their final semester, for appointed officers on the executive board, for members experiencing limited course offerings by the college, or for members facing
similar challenges, as granted by variance of the president.
- Service time benefiting the community and promoting the chapter is valid toward achieving
membership when only done during the concurrent Fall or Spring semester. The member
commits to completing the prescribed service time requirements of his member status –
Active / Inactive – by the established due date.